5 Simple Tips to Decorate a Gender Neutral Nursery
More and more parents these days are waiting to find out if their baby is a boy or a girl, but that doesn’t mean you can wait to create the nursery. Creating a gender neutral nursery has become incredibly popular, but how can you do it? We’ve rounded up a few tips to help make the process easy-peasy lemon-squeezy (because you have more important things to worry about!). Decorate a gender neutral nursery with these simple tips.
1. Consider a theme. A theme is a great way to piece together a gender neutral nursery. Nursery rhymes, animals, and sea life are all great themes to start working into your nursery.
2. Choose a base color. A good starting place when designing a gender neutral nursery is picking a base color -- and neutral colors encompass a TON of colors. Color is a great way to begin your design and gives you a frame to work with. If you are looking for specifics, gray is a very popular gender neutral color for nurseries at the moment. We recommend Lullaby Paints Luminous Wall Paint. This gorgeous gray would work great in any gender neutral nursery!
3. Move to the trimmings. Select a couple playful fabrics to work into the room. From crib bedding to upholstered furnishing. This is a great time to be daring with your decoration.
4. Comfort over everything. Focus on making the space comfortable. Your nursery is going to be the center of where you raise your child. Since you’re going to be spending a lot of time in there, why not make it comfortable for both you and the baby?
5. Keep it simple. Don’t fret if your nursery isn’t filled with a host of toys, wall decor, and furniture. You can always add things to your nursery once your baby is born. Keeping it simple gives you more options to work with once you start to get to know your child’s personality.
Check out our ideabook from Houzz below!
We hope you found these tips helpful! If you’re ready to start designing your own gender neutral nursery, order Lullaby Paints free color chips and we'll send them right to your doorstep (or color match to whatever you’d like).