Select a Color
Simply select A, B, C, D or E to choose your perfect color.
Match another paint brand in our award-winning paint and pigments.
Enter your color match below
The expansive, dramatic skies add saturation to the wide-ranging palette.
The warmth of the palette also reflects the flowering hues of springtime.
From the deep blues of the mountain ranges to the brightly colored flora and fauna, this ecoregion also boasts highly saturated primary colors.
The warms and cools of this palette are uniformly vibrant and saturated.
This set of nine neutral colors is meant to complement the other ECOS System palettes.
ECOS Original Colors
Do I Need A Primer?
Some colors, especially yellows, reds and oranges, and other dark accent colors, are considered by the paint industry to be “poor hiding” colors. That means they usually need a primer because, despite their strong, vibrant color, they’re not good at hiding the color they’re covering.
Using a grey or tinted primer can help you avoid having to apply multiple coats of paint to get the color you want. A tinted primer will help prepare the existing surface for your color. After that, you’ll typically only need to apply two coats of paint to get that perfect result.
At ECOS, we can help you tell which colors need a primer. Click here to print a zig-zag patterned paint card you can use to test your paint sample. Apply two coats of paint over the pattern. If you can still see the pattern through the paint, you’ll get better results if you use a grey or tinted primer under your color.
Painting Tips to Improve “Hide"
- Always choose a high-quality paint like ECOS.
- If you have multiple cans of the same color, combine them before you start to paint.
- Always stir paint thoroughly before painting.
- Don’t thin or dilute the paint with water.
- Use the correct primer as described above, or when you’re applying paint over a porous surface.
- Don’t spread the paint too thinly or unevenly.
- Allow the recommended drying time between coats.
- Always use high-quality brushes, rollers, and other tools.
2oz Paint Color Sample
A 2oz sample pot of our colors. We highly recommend seeing the color in person before purchasing a quart or gallon.
- Product Code: color-smple
- Availability: In Stock
Samples ship FREE!
Get up to 3 samples for $9.99, rebated against a one gallon or more purchase, extras $3.33 ea. Limit one rebate per customer.
Product eligible for rebate on future orders (see details here)
Steps to Purchase
Colors on screen do not necessarily provide an accurate representation. Getting a sample or free chip is recommended prior to ordering.
2) Add to Cart:
Up to 3 samples for $9.99
Product eligible for discount on future orders (see details here)
A small 2oz sample pot of our colors. We highly recommend seeing the color in person before purchasing a quart or gallon.
Samples are sent in Eggshell finish to give the best representation of color and performance.
- ✔ Zero VOC1
- ✔ No Odor2
- 1Conforms to CDPH 01350 (VOC emissions test taken at 14 days).
- 2No traditional paint (polyurethane) odor, which can cause headaches, nausea, and respiratory issues.
Get up to 3 samples for $9.99, rebated against a one gallon or more purchase, extras $3.33 ea.
Includes FREE USPS Priority Mail shipping